Monday, September 29, 2008

Lessons of Faith

Hello Girlfriends! I sure have missed you. There has been much taking place in my life over the past few weeks and many lessons God is teaching me. I can also tell you that I have needed my daily dose of chocolate to get through some of the hurdles. As I pondered what to share with you today, I believe God is leading me to talk about faith.



My busy life gets so bogged down in the junk of the day that I often become overwhelmed and frazzled. I find myself muttering under my breath of why life has to be so crazy. Oh but that is when God gets my attention. He whispers, "Oh, yea of little faith." In the midst of the craziness, I respond, "Yes Lord, I should have faith that you know what is best and how to work it all out for your glory."


Well, I am going to need to trust and have faith that the Father will take care of all situations. Right now, I have been praying hard from my youngest son, Bryan aka Moose. He is in his senior year of college and is struggling in one class. Can you believe that it is a news writing class? Bryan is an excellent writer but news writing is not his calling. However, this class is a requirement for his major. It broke my heart to hear him so discouraged after receiving a low grade on a story plus not finishing a very difficult test in this class. I wanted to do what any good mama would do--drive all day and just hug my little boy.


Since time, distance, and gas prices made it impossible to go hug my son, I sat down with God and prayed. I had offered my son much advice but the true answer would come from the Lord. I placed this situation in the Father's capable hands. I asked the Lord to take care of the situation and let Bryan see Him at work in his life. All my motherly advice cannot compare to the simple act placing my faith in the Lord so that His glory may be revealed.



It is my prayer that God will allow Bryan to pass this course. It is also my prayer that the professor will see Jesus through my son. Whatever the outcome I am placing this situtation in the Father's hands and trusting Him to do what is best.


How have you seen the Father faithfully working in your life?

No comments: