Monday, March 23, 2009

Between Us Ministers' Wives

The event in Nashville for ministers wives is finished. It was an amazing few days. I do not know if any of you were able to attend, but I know that God spoke to the ladies that were there.

The topics included, Balancing Act, Developing Healthy Friendships, Dealing with Difficult People, Putting Out the Welcome Mat, Marriage in Ministry, Raising Children, Called to be a Minister's Wife, Forgiveness in Ministry and Making Sundays the Best Day and even more.

You can imagine with all those topics that the time was very busy and full. I do not know the final count of women that attended, but they came as far away as Japan! I met women from California to New Hampshire.

All these women had one thing in common. They were wives of men in ministry! It was a great time of sharing and caring for one another. I heard laughter and saw tears. It was an honor to be in the middle of all you very special women.

What I was reminded of as I taught and listened was that only God can equip us for such a responsibility. Only God can give us what we need to meet the demands and responsibilities. The best part is, God will give us everything we need.

I want to share with you this week some of the theme. Called, Equipped and Encouraged.

We will start the next post with "Called." Join me!

No comments: