Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Still Waiting . . .

There have been various seasons of my life that I have spent waiting. As a teen, I learned to wait on the Lord to seek His direction for my life. As a college student, I learned to wait on the Lord to introduce me to my future spouse. As a young wife, I learned to wait on the Lord as He patiently began to mold myself and my husband into the couple that He would have us to be. As a minister's wife, I learned to wait on the Lord to __________________.

How would you fill in the blank? Have there been specific things you feel like God has taught you that are unique to your role as a minister's wife? 

In each season of my life, God has taught me very specific unique things during each period of "waiting." Often, I ask myself "Hasn't God already taught me this? Why am I going through this waiting thing again?" 

Now, I as I am waiting to go into labor, God is showing me promise after promise in the Psalms about waiting. No, I am not looking forward to labor (Thanks Eve!), but I am ready to have my body back- at least a little . . .  God is encouraging me that He is going to be with me as He is showing me that He is with me even in the waiting. . . .

So, how would you feel in the blank?

No comments: