Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Being a Minister's Wife

During the last month I have had the honor of speaking at two Minister's Wives events. As I sat around listening to some of your stories I was fascinated at how God is at work everywhere. It's amazing to see how He uses all of our individual gifts and talents in each of the different churches that we are serving in.

The first event I attended was the Bi-Vocational Minister's and Wives Weekend held in Pigeon Forge. I had a blast!!! You talk about an energetic group of ladies! The theme of one of the workshops was Laughter, and boy did we laugh!!! There is just something about getting away with a group of ladies who all have the same things in common. It gives us an opportunity to share, and laugh and even cry together. The leaders of this particular group have such a sweet outlook on ministry and have so many good ideas to help each other. They also know how to have fun and bring that to the group. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of it all.

Not only did we laugh a lot, but we had a chance to see God do some incredible things. During the last session on Saturday morning, a precious pastor's wife decided to nail down her salvation decision. So right there, in the middle of that conference room, she and I, along with another sweet pastor's wife, knelt down and prayed. What a humbling experience!!! God is at work in so many different ways...and I do thank Him for allowing me to see His hand in motion.

I know that there are days that are rough in our churches, and we are stretched to the limits, but then He allows us to experience some really unbelievable things like this, and it is all worth it!!!

No comments: