Thursday, April 16, 2009

To be young again....

Our oldest daughter Wendy and her husband Kevin are in Seminary at Southeastern in Wake Forest, North Carolina. We are here visiting them this week. Over the last couple of years we have had several young couples from our church enroll here. So on Tuesday night we took all of them out to supper. As we sat around the table with all these young minds, discussing ministry, it was so much fun hearing their take on life. They are so enthusiastic about what God is doing, and is going to do with them. Some of them have plans to go into International Missions, others are aspiring to become Pastors and Youth Ministers while others would like to teach.

As I sat there listening, my mind went back to what seems like only yesterday, when it was Randy and I sitting around with "older" ministers discussing ministry. I remember vividly some of the conversations we had and how we were so excited about making a difference in the world AND in eternity.

As I do a little survey of what has taken place in our lives so far I realize that we have been involved in a lot of ministry. Just like you, we have seen people come to know the Lord, miracles happen, lives changed. It is still exciting to be a part of "God things".

But I have to say, that after supper the other night, I think God has chosen some really wonderful young people to carry on His work. I can't wait to see what they do....

1 comment:

Lana said...

Jeanne, I so much love watching your's and Randy's ministry--the way you are constantly looking for ways to minister to other pastors and wives, especially young ministers. Thank you so much for reaching out to bivo ministers and young ministers. May your tribe increase!!