Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Face Time

Well girlfriends, I had a totally different idea planned to blog about today but God has another thought. In my experience of "doing things my way" I usually end up wishing I had done things God's way.


As I was putting on my makeup today, the thought of face time popped in my head and I felt God prodding me to think on the idea. Now usually when I am glancing in the mirror I am considering how to cover up the dark circles under my eyes or grimacing over the zit that has appear probably due to an overindulgence of chocolate the day before. However, today other thoughts came to mind.


When I think of face time I think of time with friends. I am not talking about just a few minutes of spare time. I am talking quality time. I love getting together with friends especially girlfriends. I am fortunate that my staff wives are also some of my girlfriends. We tried to get together for face time or what we affectionately call "Lulu Time." With our busy lives we usually have lunch once every four to six weeks. We share our hearts, laugh, enjoy food (chocolate included), and give ourselves just a few minutes to vent and move on. We are nurturing our friendship.


Face time does not mean sending a message via email or Facebook. Oh, those are great ways of communicating but I find them a little impersonal. What I love more is receiving a handwritten note or a card especially selected for me. It just means that person went to a lot of trouble to do something special for me. As I have said before God often pops people's names into my head during the night when I am unable to sleep. It is His way of telling me to have a quality face time with that person through a card or handwritten note.


Did you know God wants us to have face time with Him? He does not push us to spend time with Him. He just simple ask us to join Him. Sometimes my face time with the Lord is rushed because I have so much on my plate. Other times my face time is awesome where God speaks through scripture to my heart. (Hey, the Word is God's love letter to us!) I know in my life right now I need some deep, uninterrupted face time with the Lord concerning a couple of unanswered prayers. I love it when during those time God provides a scripture or an overwhelming sense of peace during my quality face time.


So girlfriends, what is a special face time for you? With friends? With the Lord?

No comments: