Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Unbelieving Family Member

I am in beautiful, southern California visiting my dad. We are doing fun things like riding around in his hot red convertible sports car (the salesman assured him that at 84 it was a great way to pick up chicks!!), cooking together, walking the neighborhood and stores, and going to doctor appointments. I love to come visit him…it is too bad that he lives so far away and that I don't get to come very often. I love him dearly…and we are alike in many ways.

This visit has been interesting as I have listened to him tell stories (never told before) of the war when he was a gunner in a WWII plane. How he and my mom met. There is one story that I long to hear him tell--when he came to know Jesus. However, my dad is very closed to the gospel. He does not know my Jesus. My mom died not knowing my Jesus. It breaks my heart and is a heavy burden to bear.

As I lay awake early this morning praying about what to share with you….this issue of us having parents, children, siblings, etc. who do not know Jesus was heavy on my heart…so…I spent quite a bit of time before getting out of bed this morning praying for you and your lost family members.

It is hard. It is out of our control. Our God is faithful and He is good.

No comments: