Thursday, February 10, 2011

Outrageous Love

I have heard the term 'outrageous love' used several times lately. When I hear that term I think of something that is 'over the top'! It seems appropriate for this time of year.

Let me share with you what some might call 'over the top' things that I have done for my husband in years past for Valentines Day. (Tomorrow I will share what I did for my children)

For 28 years without fail I served my husband (and children when they came along) breakfast in bed on Valentines Day. I served pink, yes, pink scrambled eggs, cranberry or cherry juice, strawberry muffins, heart shaped sausage, small chocolate heart, card and long stem red rose on tray. The menu varied sometimes but you get the idea. There were times it was difficult, but I just set my alarm early and did it.

I found little red cupids on strings one year and went to the church and taped them all over the ceiling of my husband's car so when he came out his car was full of floating cupids.

I bought the giant card and taped it to his door at his office.

I bought red, white, pink construction paper and cut out hundreds (literally) of all size hearts and taped them all over his office.

I hired a woman in a white tux with red hearts all over it to sing to him during staff meeting.

I surprised him with a Valentine lunch at the office.

I filled his car with red, white, pink ballons - front and back seat to the ceiling.

Well, these are just a few - maybe you will be inspired or maybe you would like to share some your ideas. The point is.....Outrageous Love.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believs in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life."

Now that is Outrageous Love!

No comments: