Friday, July 29, 2011

Trust In God Alone

I am very grateful for the mentors, teachers, family members that have taught me about my God. I have been give opportunities for me to grow and learn from His Word in the ministry than most people. What a blessing!

As I read some of the past blogs of my sisters, the reoccurring theme was difficult situations. This life we are living here and now is a constant classroom of preparation for eternity. No one is surprised to hear of tragedy or disasters in the news. We expect it, we even get a little harden to it.

This week a sweet young minister's wife shared with me the hurt she was experiencing in her church. As I listened, I was hurt with her, angry, judgmental (of the church) and disappointed in some church leaders. (had to spend some time repenting and forgiving)

When these emotions, feelings and thoughts come into my life, I have learned to RUN to God's Word. Listen to what God said - I love Him!!!

Psalm 62 - vs 1-2"I am at rest in GOD ALONE; my salvation comes from Him. He ALONE is my rock and my salvation, my strong hold; I will never be shaken. vs 5 Rest in God ALONE, my soul, for my hope comes from Him. He ALONE is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will not be shaken. vs. 8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour our your hearts before Him. God is our refuge."

When people let us down ( and they will) remember God will never let us down - Trust in Him ALONE and do not be shaken!

No comments: