Friday, July 15, 2011

What Would You Say?

Church politics make me sad.

No doubt, if you and/or your husband has had much to do with ministry for ANY amount of time, you have seen more than your fair share. Committees, deacons, chairpersons, deacon wives - there are a whole list of titles and positions within our churches to make ministry more challenging than it should be.

In one church I know of, I am watching a minister be eaten alive by the people he has spent the last six plus years ministering to. It breaks my heart. Numbers are down, both in attendance and giving. They are looking for someone to hold responsible, yet they have been the ones making so many of the decisions that have put this church in this position. This minister's sweet family is paying the toll.

It is in times like these that I have to be reminded that Christ died for His Bride, the Church, and gave Himself up for her. With all her blemishes and obvious flaws He loved her so much. I have to pray for strength to do the same.

My husband and I are longing to reach out to this family. I desire some great words of encouragement to pass on to this dear minister's wife. She has such a strong faith, a servant's heart and a quiet resolve, so many traits I want to immulate.

If you were in her shoes, and I pray you are not, what would you like to hear? Is there something in particular you would like to be reminded of? Maybe you have been in her high heels. What scripture, what truth, helped you through those dark, hard days?

No comments: