Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Sweet LULU Sisters

Anyone who knows me understands that I love being with other sisters in ministry.  When I am with you I am encouraged, renewed, filled up.  I am able to be myself and just laugh because you truly understand what ministry life is like.

While in Tennessee I made some lasting friendships among the ministers' wives across the state.  They are my treasures and I love them dearly.  However, over the past two years of being back in Arkansas, I have made new ministers' wives friendships and they too are my treasures.  All of you share a common bond with me:  we are LULU sisters.

What is a LULU sister?  A LULU sister is someone who provides "Laughter Unending" and who "Loves Unconditionally."  She is not jealous but celebrates victories.  She does not judge but provides wisdom.  She provides encouragement.  Listens as we vent our frustrations.  She holds our hand, wipes away tears, and even cries with us sometimes.  More importantly she brings joy and laughter in to our life.

In a few days I get to fellowship with my new LULU sisters here in our association.  We come from different walks of life and serve in different size churches. We purposely do not have a "planned" bible study, prayer time, or speaker.  (Don't take this wrong but we get enough preaching and church.  Ok, we do pray over our meal)  We simply come together to laugh and have fun. 

If you are in a ministers' wives fellowship, I would really love to hear some of your ideas that your group does.  I would also love to hear our your "LULU" sisters help you personally.

No comments: