Saturday, March 1, 2014

Not "Feeling" It

So, the other day I wrote the post about not being selfish or self-absorbed or self-centered.

Then yesterday happened.

I woke up grumpy. I was impatient with the girls, snapping at them for little things. I was frustrated with Wally for not washing the bottles, despite the fact he had given me the previous evening off to have dinner out with a girlfriend. The dogs, that we still don't have housebroken after two plus years, had left me "presents" to clean up. All this before the coffee maker finished brewing the six cup pot that starts my day.

All my encouraging words that I had typed haunted my thoughts and I felt like a failure. "Just focus on Him," "Change your perspective," "Count your blessings," - They all just seemed hollow and shallow and impossible. I sure wasn't "feeling" it.

Ever been there? There now?

Thank You Lord for forgiveness. Thank You God for new beginnings. Thank You Savior for not being so fickle like me. Thank You Jesus for understanding me.

My day did get better. But, it took awhile - a l-o-n-g while.

I had to ask my oldest to forgive me. I had to ask God to forgive me too. They both graciously did. I probably should ask Wally to as well . . .

Ladies, what do you do when you're not "feeling" it? How do you press on and assume the right attitude when it is the last thing you think you can do?

1 comment:

Sara said...

My boss called me out on this just last week. She said I had a "bulldog attitude". I had to go to my desk pray and turn on worship music to refocus. It really helped. Funny thing is: I didn't realize my attitude stunk till she pointed it out.