Friday, August 22, 2014

Expected Change

Change.

I did it again. I typed the word yet one more time.

The Back-to-School Season is like New Years at the Vinson house. I look to the first day of school to kick off new "resolutions" like to be more organized and to start much needed new routines after the lazy days of summer have left me slacking in areas I long to do better.

This year God is putting additional changes on my plate. My oldest began middle school and my middle began kindergarten. My baby is napping right now and, as I type, my house is SO incredibly quiet, it is more than a little scary.

Honestly, I love my girls and I love the time I have with them in the summer. Some mommas look forward to the start of school, but I hate to see it come. Not only will I miss two thirds of my posse, but it is a reminder that the girls are another year older and that my time with them truly is limited.

My husband reminds me that this is the way it is supposed to be, that it is a sign of God's blessing and, together we thank Him for our girls' healthy development and growth. We pray that we will be intentional to point them continually back to their Heavenly Father and that we would be good stewards of the time He has lent them to us.

These changes my girls and I are going through are not uncommon. It isn't like I didn't know they were coming. Yes, I shed a few a tears as my first baby left with her daddy to go to the intimidating middle school and as I walked out of the elementary school leaving my second baby with her kindergarten teacher. But, expected or not, change is still challenging.

I am so very thankful that our Lord Jesus never leaves me or my girls. That truth will not change.

I am also thankful that He is in the business of new beginnings. Each day is a fresh start. With His forgiveness we can be changed and start completely over again. Whether it is the first day of school, the new year, the week or maybe even an ordinary Friday- change can and will happen.

Let's let Him guide us through it.



No comments: