Monday, May 2, 2016

Not the Only One

It's nearly 9:30 at night.

We just got home..... from the church.

None of my girls were in bed on time.

There are lunches waiting to be packed and a diaper bag needing to be filled.

There's a load of laundry needing to be moved from the washer to the dryer.

I am tired, yet I felt compelled to go ahead and blog. I feel sure that there is a sister out there who can relate to me tonight....

One of the sweet minister's wives at our church felt led to organize the rest of the staff wives to pray. She texted and sought an available window for all of us to plan to meet regularly to lift one another up in prayer for ourselves, our marriages and our families. She soon found that there was no "good" time to gather. We were all too busy trying to balance our families, jobs, homes, and places of service.

Someone of our group suggested a private Facebook group for just us. We all enthusiastically jumped in and have eagerly accepted the platform for us to post prayers, requests and encouragements for each other. The Sister mentioned above is providing the leadership and helping to guide our prayers.

Well...... Our church is hosting an "Impact Conference," (aka a revival) this week. Our speaker is good. The people are responding. God is definitely moving.

However, yesterday morning, I posted the following on our private page to my sister staff wives:

Good Morning Ladies! For reasons I will not bore you with, I am up and way ahead of the Sunday morning "game" at this point. The girls are quiet and I have felt led to let you know I am praying for all our families as we begin this revival week.... We may not be seeing a lot of the daddies over the next few days on top of an already busy season of recitals and end-of-the-school-year activities .... The keeping-going of this week promises to be crazy at the Vinson's and I know we are not alone....
So....
My prayer is for His perspective, protection and provision in even the smallest details like what's for dinner and that no one gets left anywhere.
My prayer is that even as we run and go and do that we would still find time to be alone and prepare our hearts for personal worship so that God can revive our spirits too.
My prayer is that God would protect our marriages, even within the internal struggle of our thought lives especially over the next few days....
I don't know about y'all but I'm trying really hard not to wish this week away, but to fully live it for His glory.... I hope I'm the only one feeling this way, but thought my honesty with how I'm feeling, might encourage someone else to know that they aren't the only one if they were feeling this way too.... Gals, we aren't alone! I thank God for each of you!

So far, at least at our house, God IS answering my prayers. I just wanted to post this here too, to let you know that you are not alone either.

Our God knows. And we have common struggles as minister's wives. Maybe you can't relate to my thoughts right now, but maybe you can. Sometimes it just helps to know that you aren't the only one. 

No comments: