Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Exercise" Challenges

It was a challenge for me to roll out of bed this morning. It is a dreary, rainy day and perfect for snuggling down under the covers and sleeping. However, my dog had other ideas. She began pouting and huffing around 7:30 a.m. She wanted me to know that it was time to go outside. As a result I had to challenge my body to move. I had to challenge my eyes to open and focus. Today, I even had to challenge my feet and legs to hold my body in an upright position.



Challenges are not easy for me. As I wrote yesterday, I like my comfort zone. Stepping out into the unknown is very difficult for me as I am sure it is for you. A good friend told me the other day that she and I are alike. We like to see the writing on the wall and know the end result before we step out in the abyss. Yep, that's me alright. However, it is not God's way.

While doing my Bible study this morning, I read that God challenges us in order to make us more like Him and to do His work. According to Priscilla Shirer, "The challenges we face are spiritual exercises designed to make us stronger, making us more capable of fulfilling our God-given assignments."

Now I do not like to exercise because I do not like to sweat, however, I know my health is better and I can manage my weight when I exercise regularly. I certainly must limit my chocolate intake each week as well. Just like physical exercise, I am learning that I need the challenge "exercises" God gives me. Since I am being molded into His image He has a lot of work to do. My job is to pray and feed on His word daily in order to have good spiritual health. I just pray that God gives me strength to face each challenges before me.

My dear sister, what challenges are you facing right now? Is God "exercising" you today?

No comments: