Friday, August 8, 2008

God is at Work Behind the Scenes

Ernie and I have been madly working these past 2 weeks to get our house ready to sell. You know the drill….doing things that have needed to be done for a long time but just did not have the motivation to attack it. There is nothing that will motivate you to clean up like showing your house to complete strangers and probably even people who know you!! (Hummm…I wonder, will some want to come see the pastor’s closets just out of curiosity?)

Cleaning out the basement, we found boxes that had never even been unpacked when we moved here 15 years ago!!! We have taken truck loads of stuff and trash to Goodwill and to the dump. Stuff, stuff everywhere! Basement, garage, attic, closets, utility room, everywhere!!

How easy it is to accumulate stuff!! We lived 9 months without most of our stuff when we first moved here and did just fine!! God continues to remind me that stuff is just stuff and stuff is not enough!!! Stuff never satisfies...it just accumulates!!

Thursday, as I was working on the house (someone was coming to see it Friday) as well as studying and preparing to speak on Saturday to a group of widows and deacons, I got a phone call. An unfamiliar voice asked if I was Dana James. She said that I did not know her but that she wanted me to know that God had put me on her heart and that she was praying for me!!! She said I had spoken at her church years ago and she heard that we were moving and knew I would need prayer.

Ladies, I sat on the floor of our bedroom and talked to her and cried and cried!! Remember, earlier in the week I shared with you that I had been under such attack from satan and to think that God would raise up someone I did not even know to intercede for me!!! Me! I am continually amazed at how God is at work behind the scenes even when we don’t see or know it.

She was rather embarrassed to call….in fact; she had tried several times and hung up!! Of course the enemy did NOT want her to let me know she was praying for me. He did not want me to be encouraged. Is God asking you to make a phone call or write a note that does not make sense to you? DO IT!! Are you longing for God to use you to serve Him? Let Him!!

Never underestimate the significance of the seemingly insignificant things you do!!

God is at work behind the scenes….we must trust Him!! You might feel alone, neglected, fearful, and maybe even wondering where is God. Know He is at work. Read all of Psalm 121 and be encouraged. A portion of it says, "...the One who watches over you will not sleep. Indeed, He who watches over Israel never tires and never sleeps."

No comments: