Saturday, August 28, 2010

Power Shortage

Well, I officially had a power shortage this week. Like many ministers wives, my proverbial wagon was overholded. Since school has started I have subbed everyday but two. However, on those two days, which were this week, I spent my days in a flurry of chores-housecleaning, laundry, grocery, errands. (I also believe part of my problem is that I am trying to reduce my chocolate intake. Well, I'm just saying). It was not until today that I glanced at my calendar and realized it was my week to blog. I felt like Isaiah who cried, "Woe is me for I am undone!"



I think life happens to all of us at times. We get so wrapped up in the little things of life that we fail to slow down and recharge. To say that I felt terrible for missing my week of blog is an understatement. I love this "job" because it allows me to fulfill a burden God has placed on my heart which is to encourage other ministers wives. However, I confess the rush-rush of the past two weeks caused me to not only fail you but the Lord.



One thing I have learned as a Christian is that God is a gracious and loving Father. When we fail or disappoint Him, we only have to come before the throne. Isn't that an amazing thing! When we confess our shortcomings to the Father, He recharges us and gives us the power and strength to continue on life's journey. The Bible speaks of the power of God in Ephesians 1:20 which says, "He demonstrated (the power) in the Messiah by raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavens" Ladies, I firmly believe in a God who raised His Son from the dead and I firmly believe God can recharge our dead batteries as well.



Have a blessed month!


One a personal note: I ask that you pray for a fellow minister's wife family whose son was recently injuried in the war. Praise God, his injuries are not life threatening. Please pray for all our service men and women as they protect us. Pray that God will protect them and recharge them when they are discouraged or tired.

No comments: