Thursday, August 19, 2010

Praying or Wishing

Isn't that an intriguing title? I saw it on some sermon notes from one of my son's church. It really made me think about the way we talk to God.

I know you are a minister's wife and your job is to pray! (at least that is what a sweet lady in my church told me one day) Yet, I wonder if sometimes we forget that we are talking to Someone who loves us very much, Someone who gave us Who He loved most just to have a relationship with us.

The following are a few points of the sermon that caught my attention.

Read Matthew 6:9-15 to see what transformed prayer looks like.

1. Pray in Relationship - Our view of God affects our relationship.
2. Pray in Alignment - Matthew 6:9-10; John 15:7
3. Pray for Provision - Matthew 6:11; James 4:2
4. Pray Contiguously - Matthew 6:12
5. Pray as a Watchman - Matthew 6:13

Yes, I am going to leave it to you to look up the scripture and ask God to show you how to have a more powerful prayer life. It will be worth your time to take time and study a little about prayer.

(Thank you Pastor Brad Brinson for your teachings)

No comments: