Sunday, August 15, 2010

Take Time

I have the wonderful privilege of keeping my 9 month old grandson, Luke Douglas three days a week. I am really enjoying my time with him and realizing why God gave me children when I was young!

Luke is crawling, pulling up and trying to move a little bit around furniture while holding on. He keeps me very busy. He does not stay in the same place for very long.

When Luke pulls up on furniture I am always right beside him. He doesn't seem to be aware of me as he is reaching for something new. He leans a little too far and I push him back up, his balance is lost and I set him safely on both feet, he reaches for something breakable and I move it out of reach. Luke is so busy pulling and reaching that at times he is totally unaware of my presence.

As I thought of how independent he thinks he is, yet has me walking every step with him, I could not help but think about how often God must see me doing the same thing. Each day I am pulling and reaching in one direction or another. It is so easy to get wrapped up in what I am reaching for that I don't see God's Hand guiding me.

Every once in a while Luke will stop and turn to look for me. He will lower himself to his knees and crawl as fast as he can up into my lap. Then the very best thing happens, he pulls up and throws his arms around me and hugs and gives soggy kisses! My heart melts and I am filled with love and joy.

As we go through our days, don't you think our Father would love to see us hurrying to Him just to love Him. No requests, no problems, just "I love you, Father." He is there guiding every step, balancing you when you are shaky, keeping you safe from the things that could hurt you. Take time to love Him today.

I John 4:19 " We love Him because He first loved us."

No comments: