Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When God is Silent

Have you ever felt like God was not listening, hearing, or answering? If you have been one of His children very long, you have had times that you felt He was silent.I heard several quotes this past Sunday that reminded me of the faithfulness of our God.

The first quote was, "When God is silent, He is still at work." In Hebrews 13:5 we are told, "I will never leave you or forsake you." Those are not just words, but a promise from the Living God. Whatever situation you are in at the moment, He is walking through it with you. You can count on it, whether you are hearing Him or not.

The next quote was, When you cannot see His Hand, trust His Heart. I realize these are not new thoughts, but they were great reminders and encouraged me. We do not always understand the plan, but we can always trust in our God. His plan is perfect. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts (PLANS) that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts (PLANS) of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

In ministry, we can feel alone and defeated. God assures us that we are not forgotten and His plan is in place. He continues in Jeremiah to tell us what to do in these silent times. Jeremiah 29:-14 "Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity."

Is God silent for you, today? Take time to seek Him, He is there always!

No comments: