Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Endure In Your Marriage

The month of January has given me a new appreciation to what we ministers' wives face.

At the beginning of the month, I learned of a church in our association whose youth minister was being forced to resign due to his infidelity. He and his young wife had just welcomed their first child into the world mere weeks before.

In the last day, here at the end of the month, another church in our association is coping with the actions of another student minister's wife. She has moved out and filed for divorce catching him by total surprise.

Oh Ladies, my heart aches! One wife is trying to patch together her marriage by God given grace and His provided restoration. Another has decided to quit her marriage altogether.

One of these ladies I know and consider a friend. The other I don't know from Eve. I have reached out to the one I know, while all I can really do for the other is pray.

I know it is by God's grace alone that my story does not include their circumstances. I know that it is only by God's mercy that my sin nature, or my husband's, has not put us in a similar place. I know I must depend on Him alone to keep and protect my marriage.

Not knowing where each of you are in your marriage, let me encourage you to "endure." Keep your eyes on Jesus, who "endured" the cross, so you can run this race set before you with "endurance." You are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses that are urging you on.

Remember that your life and your marriage isn't about you or your husband. It isn't about his ministry or your image. It IS all about Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.

Endure through the tough times. Endure through the good times. Endure, not for the sake of your kids, or the church, but for Christ.

Endure in your marriage.




1 comment:

Tonya said...

Tara, I totally agree with you. We must endure in our marriages because they are suppose to be a picture of Christ and His bride, the church.