Monday, January 16, 2012

God Provides

As many of you know by now, my husband and I moved during the Christmas holiday to a new place of ministry in Arkansas.  Although this was a difficult move for us, God continues to confirm His call even today.

Right now we are living in temporary housing.  One of the prayers on my list for this move was that God would provide a place for us because it would be impossible to afford rent and utilities here and a mortgage note and utilities back in Tennessee.  God has been faithful to provide for our need,  When a former church member from one of our previous churches found out about our move back to the Little Rock area, he called and offered a home his family had.  It is fully furnished down to the pots and pans.  Yep, God is faithful.

However, one thing is missing in this God provided house-our stuff.  Oh, we brought a few things like clothes, a few kitchen and bath items, and a few family photos.  But all of our material possessions are back in Nashville, TN being used to stage our home.

Now girlfriends, you all know that we need our things to make us feel settled.  Girls, I do not even have my favorite blanket with me!  However, a friend in Nashville created and gave us a beautiful afghan which is becoming my comfort.  When I wrap myself in this afghan, warmth spreads over me.  It is a constant reminder of God's love through friends.  Hmm, God is still being faithful.

Even yesterday at church God, with his awesome sense of humor and care, provided for my chocolate need.  One precious person baked a special chocolate bread and another individual brought a jar filled with my favorite nerve pills-Peanut M & Ms!  Oh yes, God is faithful!

Matthew 6:8 states, ". . . your Father knows the things you need before you ask Him."  This is a new place of ministry for us and we may not have all our material possessions with us, but the Father is providing for our every need. 

In this new year how is God meeting your needs?

No comments: