Friday, January 25, 2013

Friendship Part 3



A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory
fails.

I cannot find who made this statement but isn’t this a beautiful quote?  When I read it my heart just sighed.  How many ministers’ wives need a friend who understands her heart and can lift her up when ministry life or life in general slaps them in the face? 

I know in our ministry we have gone through some tough times.  Some have been church related and others have been anything from children to financial issues.  I hate to admit it but at times my faith has been shaky.  Okay, I will be brutally honest.  At times I wondered where God was.

I am one stubborn girl and at times God has to really to resort to drastic measures to keep me in line.  When I finally hit rock bottom and I am bruised, God always hugs me.  It amazes me that God usually sends a dear friend to do His hugging.  These ladies will pick me up, brush me off, and wipe my tears.  They don’t reprimand but instead they point me to His word and sing to me His promises.  They know me heart and remind me over and over of the blessings I have.

One sweet friend I have did this last year for me.  Ms. Emma is an older, wiser, African American woman who is truly a servant of the Lord.  She is a prayer warrior and encourager.  She is my prayer partner.  Last year was difficult with moving, losing my mom, and dealing with my father’s failing health.  There were many times that I felt alone and wondered if God really did care about everything going on.  When things got really dark I always received a note from Ms. Emma reminding me of God’s goodness, mercy, and love.  I firmly believe God allowed her insight into what I was struggling with and prompted her to send these notes.  In a sense Ms. Emma was singing to my weary soul.

Sisters, it is my prayer that you have a friend who knows your heart and can sing to you when you memory of God’s goodness fails.  

 

No comments: