Saturday, January 26, 2013

Friendship Part 4


A good friend is one soul in two bodies.  Aristotle

Ah! Good ole Aristotle and his wisdom.  I recall reading (and falling asleep) several writings of Aristotle but it is only recently I came across this quote.  Now, I cannot tell you one idea of my past readings of Aristotle, but this quote struck a chord with me.

I do have a friend who has a kindred spirit to mine.  We have been separated by hundreds of miles yet our friendship still remains strong.  Our husbands laugh when we do get together because often we will show up in a similar outfit.  A few times it has been the same outfit down to the accessories!  She is my road trip/mission trip buddy.  We love chocolate covered raisins and peanut M & Ms.  The only difference between us is that she is a tall, slender brunette who loves the mountains and I am a short, stocky, blonde who loves the beach.  Yet we are one soul in two bodies.  The best thing about our friendship is that not only do we share it here but our friendship will last for eternity because we are both Christ followers.

I firmly believe God create a special friend for all of us-even ministers’ wives.  Maybe you do not have that special friendship with another lady.  Well, have you prayed for a friend?  If you have not done so, maybe you should try it. 

Every time God moves my husband and me to a new location I begin praying for a true friend.  I ask specifically for a godly woman who will encourage me, be honest, and who loves to have fun.  Of course, she must love chocolate too.  So far God has not let me down.  I have had some beautiful women as friends over the years.  They are still dear friends even though miles keep us apart and the years have passed.

Each friend blessed my life for the better.  From one I learned the art of stripping wallpaper and painting.  Another friend taught me how to cook and to pray for people when they are brought to your mind.  One friend is my encourager.  Several friends taught me that there is power in praying God’s word.  All my girlfriends love to laugh, have fun, and they are prayer warriors.  However, there are a couple who I consider my closest friends because we tend to know what the other is thinking before it is said.  That is when you know you have a friendship that does not require words.  They can simply “be there” for you.

Ladies, I would love to hear about that special friend with whom you share a special bond.  Please tell me how you met and how you have managed to develop your friendship.  Also, share if she is a minister’s wife as well. 

 

No comments: