Thursday, January 17, 2013

Press On

12Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

In my blog earlier this week, I wanted to encourage you to make a list of your trials and triumphs, so you would see how the Lord worked in your life in 2012. For some of you dear sisters, there may have been more trials than you care to name or even think about. Perhaps it is emotionally difficult and mentally draining to think on the past, but you are not alone. 
In 2012, we all have had our share of life’s challenges, things that can debilitate and cripple us as we go about our daily routines. We probably desire for those things to be behind us, so we can move on with life. But you and I need the Lord’s guidance to be able to move forward, to press on.
Our God is such a wonderful Father, He loves us, and He knows just what we need from His Word to bring us the hope and the joy to put past hurts and issues behind.  The verses from Philippians 3:12-14 can encourage us to keep going, to press on.  This is what I know:
We are not perfect yet, but we press on!
We are not totally Christ-like yet, but we press on!
We do not allow the pass to imprison us, so we press on!
We have blessings to reach for, so we press on!
Because of Christ, we press, we press, we press!
Never forget that we have an awesome Savior who is loving and compassionate, and if we keep our eyes on Him, we are assured of His presence and His love. Learn from the past, but don’t get “stuck” there.
So PRESS ON in the name of Jesus Christ, and let Him make all things brand new for you in 2013!

No comments: