Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Big Picture



One of our teachers did not get her re-hire letter last week and has been very depressed. I have been talking to her and keep reminding her that God is Still in Control. He sees the Big Picture while we can only see the little picture. Many times in my own life I THOUGHT I knew what was best for me and God sent me on a detour….later I realized that He was just looking out for my best interest.

I was once promised a teaching job just a couple of miles from my house and when the time came, I did not get the job. I was devastated. I could not imagine WHY God had let me down. Out of the clear blue, I got a call from another school twenty minutes away. I went for the interview and got the job. It did not take me very long to realize that I was EXACTLY where God wanted me to be. At the second school, I was much happier than I ever dreamed I could have been even at the first school.
He saw the big picture when I was focused on the little picture.

IF God had NOT closed the door on the first job, I would not have even given the second school a chance……….and in the end, that was EXACTLY where God wanted me.

Let’s remember to give it all to God and let him guide us. He knows what is best for us.

You are never happier than when you are in God’s Perfect Will.

No comments: