Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lessons From My Girls


As a mother, I now totally understand what Paul meant when he said women would be saved through child bearing. When I was still childless, I even resented that verse. Now, I can give daily examples of how God is using my children to draw me closer to Himself.

One lesson that I am really savoring is how He has made each of us completely unique and how He loves each us just as we need to be loved.

God blessed me with two girls. When the ultrasound tech told me Piper, daughter #2, was on her way, I truly doubted that the two would be THAT much different. Boy oh boy! Was I ever wrong!

In the last two years, both of the girls have shown just how very different that they are. My older daughter, Riley, is very into Star Wars and video games. Piper, on the other hand, never leaves the house without at least one of her "pretties" - a bracelet or beaded necklace- and takes very careful care of all her doll babies.

I am amazed that God twice took my DNA and their daddy's and came up with one blue-eyed, straight haired girl and one brown-eyed, curly haired girl. Don't we serve an amazingly creative God?

Just as the girls like different things and look different ways, they also prefer to be loved in unique ways too. Piper loves to be cuddled and Riley loves to be verbally affirmed instead.

They both keep me praying- for them, their daddy and myself. They both are part of God's larger plan, even now in their youth. God teaches me so much through them all the time!

What are some things that God has used your children to teach you?

1 comment:

Lana said...

Tara, God gave my Mother two daughters totally different too. My sister is nothing like me...we don't look alike or act alike. With four years difference in age we didn't grow up playing together...she was the pesty little sister. Now we are best friends and I can't imagine life without my little sister. Sisters are wonderful and I'm glad God gave your daughters one!