Wednesday, April 16, 2008

God's Call

When did you hear God call you to be His child? Were you a child , teenager, adult? Can you remember how you felt? Did you fully understand what it meant to be a "Child of the King"?

I am sure you remember, and like me, you know that we will never fully understand all it means to be a "Child of the King" until we sit in the King's presence in our home, Heaven.

What about your call to be a minister's wife? Do you remember that? Some of you are thinking... I was NOT called, my husband was called! I hate to disagree, but I believe if you capture the truth of your calling, you will be blessed beyond measure. Whether you married a minister or God called him after you married, it was a dual call!

The Bible says "the two became one flesh". ONE - that is what happens in marriage. When God called your husband, he called you. A very special, privilege and honor given to the two of you - called into the ministry - to be one of God's anointed couples!

What exactly is the call? I have learned the call for each of us is very different. Some of us are called to jump in and serve side by side - visiting, teaching, counseling, singing and the list goes on. Some of us are called to pray in the background. Stay at home wives and/or moms, who make a home of comfort, joy and peace for our husband and children. One call is not more important than another, each call is special.

I have also found that with each church and stage of life the call can change, expand or be seemingly reduced. God stretches me and uses me in different ways. My job is to answer God's call. Can you differentiate the difference between God's call and the call of the congregation?

There are some priorities for us that are the same for each of us. I will share on Friday some of these with you. As long as you are answering God's call and not man's, you will be blessed.

Today, stop and thank God for the call.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Karen,

Thank you for sharing your insights and the Truth with us!! How easy it is for us to allow the enemy to confuse and distract us from the call!!

Vickie said...

When God calls our husbands, He calls us too. When He does call, never stoop to opting for another postion. Thank you for the reminder.

Tara said...

Karen,

What you said about God's call is so very true . . . Just as God's calling on my husband has changed, mine has too . . . I know He uses each of us to confirm what He is telling us each individually . . .

Thanks!
Tara