Friday, April 11, 2008

Precious Princess

My niece was recently crowned homecoming queen for her high school. Last year she won the title "Most Beautiful" in a school pageant. When she was a baby, she also won several baby pageants. Naturally, I am quite prejudice but she is a beautiful young lady inside and out and I am very proud of her accomlishments.


I have always wanted to know what it felt like to wear a crown. I know it is a silly thing but I just think it would be the coolest thing to wear a tiara. I have even considered asking my niece if she would crown me "Worlds Best Aunt."

Right now I am more like Cinderella slaving away at mundane task in this earthly life. They are, of course, the family duties of washing, cooking, and cleaning. In addition, I have in the past been the chauffeur, sports team mom, spirit co-coordinator, and room mother to name a few. There was also a time in my adulthood that I was a full-time college student. Then if you add in all the church responsibilities-youth volunteer, Bible study teacher, choir member, etc-the list can get pretty overwhelming. Like the fairytale, the chores and responsibilities never end but you continue to do it out of love for your family and church.

However, there is a happy ending to Cinderella's story. Remember, when her fairy godmother waved her magic wand and Cinderella is transformed into a beautiful princess? Also, recall who was waiting for her-Prince Charming.

Well, I may not get to wear a tiara on earth but rest assured that one awaits me in heaven. There is also one waiting for you too. See girls, we are all children of the King of Kings. That makes us his precious princess. I cannot wait for the day when I bow before the Heavenly Father and he places the tiara on my head. I can only imagine what I will do when I wear my tiara in heaven.


When I wear my tiara in heaven,
I'll walk down streets of gleaming gold
and greet the many saints of old.


When I wear my tiara in heaven,
I'll sing clear and perfect harmonious notes
to the King of Kings and Lord of Host.

When I wear my tiara in heaven,
I'll stand on clouds fluffy and white
and marvel at such awesome sights.


When I wear my tiara in heaven,
I'll bow before my heavenly king
and softly sigh as the angels sing.

Precious Ones, although you may not wear a crown on earth, how does it make you feel that there is a tiara waiting for you in heaven?

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I look forward to the tiara also. This was a great piece.