Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to what we believe is something truly unique on the Internet - and that is saying something! Welcome to what we pray will become a source of support and encouragement to you, as a minister's wife.

I am one of 5 contributors to this blog. We all hail from various parts of the Volunteer State and we all have different perspectives formed from our individual backgrounds and experiences. Yet, we are united in a God given desire for God to use each of us and this site to meet the often neglected needs of a pastor's wife.

Personally, I am honored, and even a little intimidated, to be writing along side these incredible ladies. To be honest, I am looking forward to gleaning from their wisdom and learning from your experiences as well. We really want this site to be interactive . . . so please feel free to respond to any of our posts.

So, here we go . . .

To begin this blog, we all wanted to take one our first posts to introduce ourselves. For some reason, in my preparations, I found this harder than I thought. When I first sat down to write my post, I found myself writing a long list of the many "hats" I wear - wife, mother, daughter, daughter-in law . . . Then I felt like I was filling out a job application and listing all my job experience - in ministry for 20+ years, accepted Christ as a child, serving the church and my husband for nearly 10 years as a minister's wife . . .

Yes, all these things about me are true. They tell you something about how I spend my time, BUT they are really just a list of facts anyone could find out about me without really knowing me.

You don't know my likes or dislikes. You don't know anything about my personality. You don't know how well I wear my "hats" - or even if I begin to glorify God in my attempts to serve Him.

I will write more soon in an effort to be more transparent. But, in the meantime, I have a question for you, dear reader: How do you let people really get to know the you that wears all those "hats"?

8 comments:

k said...

Tara

A great intro - I am excited about serving with you and praying as God directs you this week.

Karen

Lana said...

Tara, what a great introduction. I'm looking forward learning more about you this week.

Lana

Joyce said...

Tara,
Great job!
Joyce

Pat said...

Tara,
Wow! I think this is something we all struggle with. I have learned in recent years that just being "real" with people is best and I think that is what our congregations (most of them, anyway) really need. It's not always easy to do, so that's why a support group is so important. It's easier to just be ourselves around other Ministers' Wives and once we are comfortable with that, it doesn't seem so hard to be ourself with others.
Pat

Vickie said...

Tara,
Great job. I can't wait to learn more about you.
Vickie

Bek S said...

I think this is a wonderful idea for pastor wives. I am looking forward to hearing from the other ladies, in hopes of obtaining encouragment to stay in the "fight" a little longer.
Becky

Mrs.Rev2 said...

This is great. I'm looking forward to encouraging and being encouraged by other pastors' wives.

Reba

SM said...

Yes, I wear many hats. I do try to let others in to see the real me behind hte hats. Sometimes I think I let them see my "gripes" behind the hats too, too much. I do get weary wearing the hats. I amthankful that a gracious God loves me so much despite my many frailties. He is in wisdom gave me these hats that I wear. So, my job is to please my maker!
Praise Him!
sm