Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Will Not Be Afraid

I just have to tell you what happened yesterday! I was driving in Memphis traffic at the crack of dawn to get to the company where I was to provide management training and feeling, yes, it is true….even after what I had just written about battling fear a couple of days earlier….I was feeling very fearful!!

Besides experiencing the emotion of fear….in my case, along with it comes diarrhea!!! I end up spending quite a bit of time on the potty-pot anytime I speak or teach. (Aren’t you so glad to know this?) Well, I spent more time than I had on the potty-pot and was running later than I wanted and really needing to get to where I needed to go…feeling fearful.

Now, I LOVE to turn up the dial and listen to praise music when I drive….but usually, in the mornings, I will drive in silence to hear from my God and to pray. For some reason I kept feeling compelled to turn on the music….but resisted because I KNEW I really needed to pray for the upcoming training….after all, I was feeling fearful and needed to enemy to “begone”!

Finally, I turned the dial on and the very first words of the song playing were, “I will not be afraid!!!” I laughed out loud, declared out loud that indeed, “I will not be afraid”!!!

"...Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8

No comments: