Thursday, September 24, 2009

Let It Go!

My husband and I have been in the middle of a difficult business situation. We have been dealing with another christian, but in the middle of the situation things fell apart.

As we have been trying to figure out what to do next, conflict has developed. We did not change anything on our side, yet it seemed we were going to pay for the other people involved that did not live up to their word.

I have been in a study of Abraham and last night I shared with my husband some of the things I was learning. We talked about Abraham letting go of the best land when Lot's herdsmen began to argue and fight. We talked about Abraham letting go of Isaac when God asked him to trust Him.

Jim and I spent time last night "letting go". It is not our money, it all belongs to God. We determined our witness was more important than our finances. We "let it go."

A few minutes ago, Jim called amazed and praising God. The person involved just dropped everything and is going to do the right thing.

What are you holding on to? Who is watching? How is your witness? Just "let go" and allow God to show you His power and plan.

Genesis 22:16 "By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not witheld your son, your only son - blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants aas the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the searshore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed because you have obeyed My voice."

No comments: