Friday, September 11, 2009

My "Law"

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor."
Galatians 3:24,25

The Law exists to show us what we should and should not do. It shows us our need for Jesus. Like a tutor, it teaches us, but once we've been given faith, through grace- we no longer need a tutor.

Personally, I've been using my lists and calendars as my "law". There is a need for them. I can use them. But! I can't let them rule over me. I took my focus off Him and put it on the things I've been doing- especially the things I felt like I was doing for Him.

I've asked God to teach me to balance this life of faith. I've asked Him to help me use my lists and calendars instead of them using me, to help me keep Jesus as my perspective and to trust him to keep everything in order . . . to trust Him to be in control. I mean He is -whether or not I trust Him.

Thank you ladies for humoring me as God and I work through this together. I truly value your input and advice . . . Please feel free to add your thoughts!

No comments: