Friday, July 25, 2008

Brazil: Part Three

All week long I have been asked the same question over and over? What is the food like in Brazil? Well, let me just say that you do not travel to Brazil and plan to loose weight.



The fruit is delicious. Fruit like fresh bananas, pineapples, mangos, lemons, and oranges tickle your taste buds. I can honestly say my favorite Brazilian fruit is pineapple. One bite and you are hooked. It is sweet and juicy. Trust me, it is not like what we have in our grocery stores here.


In addition to the fruit, each day the church members fed us a meal. We had chicken and beef dishes that melt in your mouth. We also ate a tomato relish with the meals that was wonderful. Of course, each meal had rice and beans which is a staple to their meals.



Next comes the desserts. Well, there is no words to describe them. They were sweet but not too sweet. They were creamy with some type of carmel sauce. Plus there was chocolate! Oh yes, my dear sisters, you know this chocolate addict was in heaven. (If you want to sample some Brazilian chocolate you only need to call me. I have several different varieties in my cabinet.)



When I think about the wonderful food of Brazil, I am drawn back to the word of God. It is our food for spiritual life. It provides strength for our battles against evil, courage for our souls, and hope for eternity. Each time we read in God's word it melts into our spirits and makes us stronger.



Do you have a favorite Bible verse that speaks to you? Do you have a favorite passage that provides nourishment to your soul? Maybe God has given you a word that would encourage someone in our unique sisterhood. Would you be willing to share it on our post today? God bless you all.

No comments: