Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Increase My Opportunities

"Increase my influence and opportunities for you"
I Chronicles 4:10

As a minister's wife the thought of expanding opportunities may be the last thing you want to pray. You may be thinking, I don't need any more opportunities, I need less!

The other side of that situation may be that you want different opportunities. Maybe you would like to do something that seems more important or meaningful.

The first time I prayed this prayer, about eight years ago, my husband had just gone to live with Jesus. I did not think there was anything left for me to do here on earth as my life was completely tied up in being a 'pastor's wife'. Yet, God answered, and I ended up in Russia speaking at one of the first women's conferences they were able to have. Wow! That is expanding and increasing!

When my friend and I began to pray this again, I was excited to see where God was going to send me this time. What country or city would I be visiting?

This past thirty days my territory has expanded, but not like I expected. I have been in New Mexico and Idaho speaking to minister's wives, but that was already scheduled before we began this prayer journey. What new thing was God going to do?

My dear sisters, God began to open my eyes to the many opportunities that were in my everyday life. It has been amazing to recognize His hand in my daily walk as expanded territory. Not more work and less time, but more time in His presence doing His plan- not my plan.

  • I have been emailing two women with cancer that I have never met. I am not sure where they got my name. Are you?

  • A man and his son came to stay in our home. They just lost their wife and mother to cancer and wanted to talk, hurt, cry. I never even had to leave the house and my territory was expanded.

  • A young man addicted to prescription drugs came to dig holes for bushes in our yard. He went to church with us this past Sunday.

  • My son called and said, "I am afraid". He is having symptoms of the cancer that was treated three years ago. God is allowing me to pray and "hold up his arms" as we all walk this path together.

These are only a few open opportunities. I could share more about neighbors, phone calls, talks with my family. Each day an adventure and opportunity to influence our world for our Savior. What an incredible privilege!

God wants to "increase and expand". Are you looking for the opportunities? They are right in front of you. Ask and answer. He is Faithful!!

No comments: