Thursday, July 31, 2008

Presence and Direction

"And give me a sense of Your continual presence and direction"
I Chronicles 4:10

In this part of our study, I believe the most meaningful teachings came directly from scripture. Today, I want to share God's Word with you. There is nothing more powerful, helpful, or life-changing.

These are some passages that remind me that I have God's continual presence and direction in my life.

Matthew 1:23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel - which means, "God with us."

His very name is a reminder that our God is always with us. Are you surrounded in awareness of His presence as you walk through the day? He has promised He will be with us so if you don't sense Him in your life, it is not because He is not there. Ask Him to permeate your life today with His presence.

Matthew 28:20 "And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age."

Hebrew 15:5b "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."

When my husband died, I found this verse on a bookmark in my Bible. I carried it every where I went as a reminder that I was not alone, even though I had never been more lonely.

Jeremiah 23:23-24 "Am I only a God nearby," declares the Lord, "and not a God far away? Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the Lord.

Psalm 46:1-2 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea."

What a wonderful fact to know about our God! When we heard the word 'cancer' from the doctors for my son, Stephen, fear gripped our hearts. Truly we felt as though the earth had given way and the mountains were falling. As we sought God, He reminded us that He promises to be our help in trouble. God began to call us to a faith walk with Him. The rewards are countless and the joy was abundant. You can be sure that whatever is happening in your life, it does not go unnoticed by your Father in Heaven.

Psalm 32:8-9 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you."

God has each and every detail of your day planned. He wants to show you the way to go. Let Him lead you and give direction, don't force Him to bridle you. The joy is in obedience! Joy comes from a walk of faith.

I need God to show me the way to go as do you. God wants to point me in the right direction. Let's take time to get out the map and follow His directions!

No comments: