Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Something So Big

"Do something so big in my life that it is obviously from you."
I Chronicles 4:10

When was the last time that people around you recognized God's work in your life? Has He done something so big that only He could do it for you recently?

If I were to share the things that were too big for me, I could start making an endless list. My list would go something like this:
  • Salvation
  • School
  • Marriage
  • Minister's wife
  • Three sons
  • Write, teach, speak
  • Death of husband
  • Son with cancer
  • New marriage
  • My cancer

All the above were things that were too big for me to handle, yet they were handled! How? You know the answer to that question, as do I. My God - The Lord God Almighty. The same God who helped David slay Goliath, Peter walk on the waves and Paul rejoice in prison, is the same God who brings you and me to victory day in and day out.

The above things are also things God did in my past. What about today? Is He still doing 'big things"? Yes! Be assured our God is still at work. Everyday He waits for us to ask, "Father, do something so big that it can only be from you".

Why does He want us to pray that particular request? He does not want us to settle for average. He does not want us to forget He is on His throne. He does not want us to miss the honor of giving Him glory.

As I studied this passage, a question was asked that I want to ask you today.

"Are you willing to be a platform for God to do something only He can do?"

He is waiting for you to ask. Stop now and ask. As He answers this request, share it with me and those who are reading this blog. Give Him the glory!

Much, much, more

No comments: