Thursday, July 10, 2008

GOOD NEWS

I don't know about you but all I seem to hear on the news lately is gloom and doom. I know that there are bad things happening in the world, but it is a constant bombardment on my mind, spirit and heart. It is so discouraging!!! My son-in-law Derrick and I were talking about how nice it would be to have a radio station that all they reported on was the good happening around us. We would name it "Good News Network".



After giving this a lot of thought, it occurred to me that that is exactly what God wants us to do. Declare the "Good News". Jesus is the One that makes the bad news bearable. We realize that without Him there is nothing good.



What about you? Do you get disheartened by all the bad news? Why don't you make a difference? Try talking about all the good things that are happening around you. I received an email today from a lady in my Bible Study Class. She wrote that a dear friend who had only been given a very short amount of time to live because of cancer had been healed. The doctor couldn't believe that the scan showed nothing, so he ran another series of tests. Again, everything came back clean. This is a modern day miracle!!! And yet, few people will talk about this and see it for what it is - that God is still working miracles today!!! I think that is some really good news!



Oh please be one of the positive people in the world today. See the good around you and report it. See the blessings in your life and thank God for them. See the miracles that the Lord is performing, not just physically - but spiritually - and declare the Good News!!!!

No comments: