Thursday, July 10, 2008

SIMPLE LIFE

I don't get a chance to read very much, except on vacation. This year I got a book from my sister entitled "Amish Country Crossroads". It is a 3 book series in one volume and I have read about half of it already. It is a fascinating book about the Amish people and how they live. What has struck me most is how simple their lives seem to be. They don't rush here and there and try to cram more than is possible into a day. Since they don't have televisions their time is not wasted just sitting and doing nothing. They seem to love the Lord and try to serve Him by serving their families and others.

Isn't that what God has called all of us to do? Satan is sly and wants to distract us from the things that are the most important by placing in our lives "activities". We are so busy doing good things that we don't have time for the best things.

Today I hope I slow down enough to see the people that God puts in my path and enjoy the simple things in life. You know, the things we are too busy to see. Hope you get a chance to do the same...

No comments: