Thursday, July 3, 2008

More Resources

I teach college-level computer courses and my computer has given me FITS this week and I cannot get it to work!!! It is as if "someone" did not want me posting!! In fact, today it won't even turn on!! Do ever want to scream at your computer??? So, I asked my husband to bring his home....and sure enough, it has a "be safe" blocker on it and would NOT let me log on to the blog!!

BUT....Praise God.....I am on!!! So, here are some more "random" suggestions.....

I was asked about a book on catechism and Ashleigh suggested Teaching Truths, Training Hearts: The Study of Catechism, by J. Nettles.

If you want to disciple one person or a small group I would HIGHLY recommend One on One With God, by Jerry and Marilyn Fine. I was first introduced to this while working with the college students at Union University and appreciate its strategy for making disciples. I believe that the materials can only be purchased at http://www.oneononewithgod.com/ Go and take a look at the materials and get additional information. I have used this several times and it is designed for the chain of discipleship to continue....so those I have taken through it have taken others through it.

I recently discovered the magazine Real Simple and LOVE the practical, helpful ideas for the home and self.....and the paper the pages are made of even feel good!!

For financial helps and how to get out of debt....go to http://www.daveramsey.com/. Please, please do all you can to be debt free!! It is so freeing and you will be able to give more to the kingdom's work.

For cooking....try Simply in Season, by Mary Hockman-wert which has "recipes that celebrate fresh, local foods in the spirit of more-with-less".

Carolyn Maheney wrote a book called Feminine Appeal that discusses seven virtues of a Godly wife and mother. Oh, how we need God to raise up a generation of married women who understand their Biblical role!

More tomorrow (IF I can get a computer to work!!). Ashleigh and the kids will leave in the morning....what a blessing it has been for them to be here. Those of you with young children....YOU are blessed!! Enjoy each day...."do not loose heart..." and KNOW your toil is not in vain!!

Blessings!!

No comments: